March 14, 2012

TA!

We have TA! Travel Approval!

Our agency got TA for several other families as well, but they will travel April 5 already! I can't imagine having to be ready to go in 3 weeks! Hoping that, since we have a longer wait, our airline tickets will be cheaper. We can't book any airline tickets until we get a Consulate appointment. They are trying for May 16, 17, or 18. Hoping and praying for May 16!

When we adopted Tessa, Doug and I and Kendall and Marlee all went "Carry-on Only"! We only took what we could pack in our carry-on bags! And that was in November/December. We had to take cold weather clothes for Beijing and hot weather clothes for Guangzhou. One of those carry-on bags had to be for all of Tessa's things, too; clothes, baby carrier, diapers, snacks, toys. I still can't believe we pulled it off. We did have to buy two suitcases to bring all our treasures home in! But it was nice not to have to lug a bunch of baggage around. I'm pretty sure we won't be traveling that light this time. I guess with all the restrictions on what you can carry onto the plane now may make our decision an easy one. Plus the fact we have to take along an air mattress...

We need to take an air mattress because most hotel rooms in China only have a king size bed. So instead of having to pay for two rooms, we were advised to pack an air mattress and the boys can sleep on it. A king bed is plenty big for me and Doug and Tessa I think, but if need be, we can get a cot, too.

The kids had PSSA testing yesterday and today. They're relieved it's over, for now. They're still scheduled for one more day each in April.

That's all for now. Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. Colleen! I'm so excited for you guys!!!! I will be praying for sure!
    Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm one of the mom's on the Zhongshan chat group. Just wanted to let you know that Ann and Red Thread www.redthreadchina.com delivers air mattresses to your hotel room!
    Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! I had no idea! I really appreciate you letting me know! I will contact Ann.

      Delete