February 3, 2012

Grateful!

I'm so happy today! A weight has been lifted. It wasn't weighing me down so I couldn't think of anything else, but it's been at the back of my mind for a few months. The makers of Humira have once again approved my application for assistance to receive Humira for free! If you've ever dealt with lousy insurance, you'll know what I'm going through. Since Doug became self-employed, we had to pick up some kind of insurance, but with my pre-existing condition, no one will cover me. I pay a RIDICULOUS amount of money per month for some discount program that my employer offers, yet it doesn't cover much of anything! It doesn't cover a cent of Humira. And with Humira costing $885 every-other-week(!!), I needed some help paying for it. I'm so grateful to God for providing this need in my life. Still praying that we can find some kind of decent insurance that will cover all of us.

We finally got our NVC letter -- the I-800 approval form for the National Visa Center to issue Winn's visa from China. Three weeks ago we got the letter that said they received our petition, and our agency said we would get the NVC letter in one week. They said when we get the letter, let them know and they would forward it to China and then we wait for Travel Approval. Well, one week went by and nothing came. Last Wednesday, when it had been almost two weeks, I sent an email to our agency and asked if we should be concerned because it was going to be two weeks. They immediately got back to me and said, "Yes! You should be concerned. All adoptive families receive the NVC letter within one week." I had to email some government office and ask where our letter was. They sent us an email of the approval last Thursday and said we would have the paper copy in 3 business days. Our agency used the email copy to send to China, but we lost a week and a few days because of this delay and the Chinese New Year holiday. It's so frustrating, but I know it's all going to happen in God's time, not mine or the government. The paper copy finally came in the mail today. More than 3 business days!

Looking forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment